Refund & Cancellation Policy - GEOS Languages PLUS
We are very confident that you will be satisfied with our school, your language classes, and the customer service you receive. However, we do understand that you may have the need to change your plans. Please feel free to discuss you situation with a staff member. We are here to help you.
Students Right To Cancel:
If the institution drops a program, all monies will be refunded to students. If an international student is not able to obtain a visa to enter the United States, a full refund of all monies paid, less the registration fee and document shipping fee (as shown as not refundable on the enrollment agreement), and all other fees for services rendered, will be made to the applicant after the school receives a copy of the U.S. consulates visa denial letter from the student. The combined total of all fees retained by the school shall not exceed $350.
Refund Policy/Calculation: Full-Time Courses
Cancellation (prior to the first day of class)
If an applicant accepted by GEOS cancels for any reason prior to or on the first day of class, he/she will receive a full refund of all monies.
Withdrawal (after start of class)
The term of enrollment varies for each student based on the number of weeks specified on his or her enrollment documents. Refund calculations for students who withdraw after the beginning of their classes is based on the term of enrollment.
- If notice of withdrawal is received by GEOS, or a student is dismissed within the first 4 weeks of the program of study’s duration, GEOS will retain the full 4 week price of tuition and will refund the remaining amount of paid tuition.
- If notice of withdrawal is received by GEOS after 4 weeks of the term of study and before the midpoint of the term, GEOS will retain the full price for the number of weeks completed and will refund the remaining amount of paid tuition.
- If a student withdraws after 50% of the course completed, no refund will be given.
- If an already enrolled student who enrolls for additional terms of study withdraws before the midpoint of their new term, GEOS will retain the full price for the number of weeks completed and will refund the remaining amount of paid tuition up to the midpoint of the new term. There will be no refund after the midpoint of the new term.
Refund Due Dates:
- All refunds will be paid within 45 calendar days of the first day of the term for those students that cancel.
- All refunds will be paid within 45 calendar days of written notification for those students that withdraw.
- Students who enroll at GEOS with an overseas agency must collect their refund from that agency directly. While GEOS will refund the money to the agency within 45 days, the student must talk to the agent directly to understand the agency’s policy on returning the money to the student.
All tuition discounts or special offers are dependent upon completion of the total contracted weeks of study. If a student withdraws or shortens their course after the first day of class, but before completing 50% of their contracted number of weeks, the student will be charged the prorated price for the number of weeks completed when calculating a refund.
Refund Policy/Calculation: Part-Time Programs
(All Programs Other Than Intensive English / TOEFL)
If a program is cancelled by the institution all monies will be refunded to students.
If a student does not appear at the school for their classes, and later asks for a refund, the institution will refund all monies paid by the student, less the registration fee (as shown as not refundable on the enrollment agreement), and all other fees for services rendered.
If a student cancels a contract prior to the class start date, all refunds due will be made within 45 days of the first scheduled day of class or the day of cancellation, whichever is sooner. For enrolled students, the refund due will be calculated through the last day of attendance and will be paid within 45 days from the documented date the student drops from the program.
If notice of withdrawal is received by GEOS on the first day of class and through the midpoint of the contracted term of study, GEOS will retain the full price for the number of hours completed and will refund the remaining amount of paid tuition. After the student has completed 50% of the contracted term of study no refund is due the student. Charges for extra costs such as books, supplies or equipment, and registration fees are not subject to these refund computations. For students who cancel prior to the class start date, refunds will be made within 45 days of the first scheduled day of class or the date of cancellation, whichever is sooner. Refunds for enrolled students will be paid within 45 days of the documented drop date.
No refunds are made after the student has completed more than 50% of the program of instruction. Students who are dropped administratively due to violations of school policies are not eligible for refunds.
Classes must be cancelled the day before the scheduled lesson. Same day cancellations will be forfeited. All cancellations and schedule changes must be made through the school office – no exceptions. For semi-private tutoring classes, absences can not be made up or rescheduled.
In the unlikely event the school won’t be able to create a group course due to it not having enough students at the same time/level, smaller group or Private Tutorials for a reduced amount of lessons will be provided instead (20 lessons = 12 privates / 30 lessons = 18 privates).